Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Data: “Engage in the Conversation” May Not Actually Work

If you’ve seen me speaking, or you read my blog regularly, you may know that one of my favorite past times is busting social media marketing myths, and one of my favorite examples of “unicorns and rainbows” advice is “engage in the conversation.” Finally, I decided to use data to test the notion that “engaging in the conversation” on Twitter has a positive impact.

People follow you on Twitter because they like what you’re saying, and the more people who follow you, the larger your reach is. If you are a marketer, there is no point in pursuing a twitter strategy that doesn’t include getting as many followers as possible. Naturally, one of the most important measures of success

Source: feedproxy.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment